BY: MICHELLE SALDIVAR
Hello, Patrons! Here is your weekly update on all things Osceola Arts!
1) Find paradise with FOOTLOOSE THE MUSICAL this weekend! In one of the most explosive movie musicals in recent memory to burst onto the live stage, Ren and his mother move from Chicago to a small farming town. Ren is prepared for the inevitable adjustment period at his new high school, but nothing could prepare him for the rigorous local edicts, including a ban on dancing instituted by the local preacher determined to exercise control over the town’s youth. When the reverend’s rebellious daughter sets her sights on Ren, her tough boyfriend tries to sabotage Ren’s reputation, with many of the locals eager to believe the worst about him. The show runs now through August 16th. Friday and Saturday showings are at 7:30 PM. Sunday showings are at 2:00 PM. We will be having a special Thursday showing TONIGHT at 7:30 PM. Tickets are available for purchase online on our website or at our box office an hour before the show.
2) Join us and ignite your imagination at our first ever “ART UNCORKED” AN ARTISTIC SOCIAL EXPERIENCE! “Art Uncorked” provides hands-on art instruction by Debra Fisk, paint supplies, canvases, everything you need to have a great time and create your masterpiece. Come to socialize, invite your friends, relax, celebrate, and create! It is on August 13, 2015 from 7 PM – 9 PM at Osceola Arts. Tuition is $30 and includes supplies. Wine available for a $3 donation. Click here to register.
3) Come and AUDITION for our Stage Left Play, True West! True West is an American classic that explores the lives of the two sons of a desert dwelling alcoholic and a suburban wanderer clashing over a film script. Austin, the achiever, is working on a script he has sold to producer Sal Kimmer when Lee, a demented petty thief, drops in. He pitches his own idea for a movie to Kimmer, who then wants Austin to junk his bleak, modern love story and writeLee’s trashy Western tale. Auditions are August 16-17 starting at 6 PM. Bring your headshot and resume and be prepared to read from the script. Email Garrett Sanders at email@example.com for more audition information and/or questions.
4) MORE AUDITIONS! Osceola Arts is beginning a new youth vocal performance troupe entitled SINGSATION. The group will be an audition-based, show choir/vocal jazz ensemble with members from ages 13 to 21. A workshop / informational meeting will be offered at Osceola Arts on Saturday, August 22nd at 10 AM to orientate those interested for auditions. Auditions are set for Saturday, August 29th at 10 AM. Interested persons should have knowledge of choral sight reading as well as choreography. Please prepare 32 bars of a jazz standard or musical theatre piece and come prepared to dance. Questions concerning this group can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
5) Sign Up for Fall Classes NOW! Register for classes, such as Adult Drawing classes, Teen Acting Classes, Art Adventures, Kids & Clay, Play in Clay During the Day, and Adult Pottery classes. All classes start late August and tuition varies depending on the class you enroll in. Don’t miss this opportunity to elevate your creative skills and unleash the artist in YOU! Click here to register.
Don’t forget! Theatre Season Ticket Packages are still available for purchase online on our website or by calling our box office.
If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 407-846-6257 or visit our website.