Hello Patrons! Here is your weekly update on all things Osceola Arts!
1) Since announcing our 2015-2016 theatre series last month, a variety of theatre ticket package options have gone on sale. Theatre Season Ticket Packages are available for purchase online on our website or by calling our box office.
2) Osceola Arts will be hosting its 2015 Annual Juried Art Exhibit to celebrate the diversity of Florida artists. With a tradition in Osceola County, this show enjoys continued support from the community. Artists from the around the state submit art pieces and they are judged on quality, originality, concept, design and technique. The exhibition will run May 11th-June 7th. A reception will be held on TODAY from 6 PM-8 PM. Do not miss this traditional community event and support your Floridian artists here in your own backyard! For more information, visit the Visual Arts page on our website.
3) This weekend again, get ready to bend and snap! Legally Blonde is enrolling at Osceola Arts. This light-hearted musical, based on the novel by Amanda Brown and the 2001 film of the same name, follows UCLA Delta Nu president, Elle Woods, during her senior year in college. She appears to have it all. She has a heart of gold and a gorgeous mane to match it. Then, out of nowhere her life is turned upside-down when her long-time boyfriend, Warner Huntington III, dumps her to start getting serious about his life and attend Harvard Law. Desperate to win him back, Elle studies hard and manages to be accepted into Harvard Law. Watch as Elle realizes her potential and sets out to prove herself to the world as she defends fitness queen and friend, Brooke Wyndham, during her murder trial. The musical will run from May 8th- May 24th. Tomorrow we will be having a special showing at 7:30 PM. Tickets can be purchased on our website or at our box office an hour before the show.
4) On Monday, May 18th, Osceola Arts will be having a Youth Choir Concert in the Main Theater at 7 PM. This concert concludes the season of the youth choir. The theme is Contemporary Choral Gems and it features the choir as well as vocal soloists, an instrumental solo, and several small ensembles. Music includes old pop favorites “Gimme Some Lovin’ “, “Can’t Help Falling in Love”, contemporary settings of American folk songs “Old Dan Tucker” and “Set Down Servant”, and a salute to note-worthy composers of today, such as Eric Whitacre, Daniel Gawthrope, and Frank Ticheli, among others. Tickets for adults are $10.00 and $5.00 for students. Tickets can be purchased at our website or at our box office.
5) Did she murder the baby or not? That is the question. Agnes of God tells the story of Martha, a psychiatrist, who becomes more in touch with herself and her view of the world while she is analyzing Agnes, a teen novice nun who gives birth in the convent. She is now accused of murdering her baby and insists that the child was the result of a virginal conception. The play will run from May 16th-18th and May 23rd-25th. Tickets can be purchased at our website or at our box office.
If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 407-846-6257.