BY: MICHELLE SALDIVAR
Hello Patrons! Here is your weekly update on all things Osceola Arts!
1) Since announcing our 2015-2016 theatre series, a variety of theatre ticket package options have gone on sale. Theatre Season Ticket Packages are available for purchase online on our website or by calling our box office.
2) Want to be a part of one of our shows? Musical Auditions are THIS weekend! All roles are on a volunteer basis. For musicals, please prepare 16 bars of a song and be prepared to learn a dance/movement combination. An accompanist will be provided.
Check out the audition dates below.
Footloose the Musical
Audition Dates: May 31 & June 1 at 6 PM
Show Dates: July 31-August 16
3) Summer Camps are coming to Osceola Arts! Remember the good ol’ days when you had zero worries and were a carefree child? Your summers were filled with the promise of the adventure and new friends? Now, you can sign up your kids for those very same experiences here at Osceola Arts! This summer, we are offering a host of summer camps that you can sign up your children for. Our first camp, Contemporary Arts, starts June 8th, so sign up your kids NOW! Click here for a breakdown of the camps available onsite and offsite.
4) Our Youth Theatre is presenting Music Man, Jr! The show runs June 5th-7th. The story follows fast-talking traveling salesman Harold Hill as he cons the people of River City, Iowa into buying instruments and uniforms for a boys’ band he vows to organize. The catch? He doesn’t know a trombone from a treble clef. His plans to skip town with the cash are foiled when he falls for Marian, whose belief in Harold’s powers just might help him succeed in the end in spite of himself. Click here to buy tickets.
5) Attention Osceola County! This month, Osceola Arts has been hosting its 2015 Annual Juried Art Exhibit to celebrate the diversity of Florida artists. With a long tradition in Osceola County, this show enjoys continued support from the community. Artists from around the state submitted art pieces and they were judged on quality, originality, concept, design and technique. The exhibition will run May 11th-June 7th. Do not miss this traditional community event and support your Floridian artists here in your own backyard! Click here for the list of winners. For more information, visit the Visual Arts page on our website.
ALSO, We just received the honor of being nominated in the 2015 Macaroni Kid Kissimmee-St. Cloud Gold Daisy Awards for Best Art Classes/Lessons! If you think we’re worthy of a win, please vote for us by clicking here. By doing so, you will be entered to win a $25 Visa Gift Card to use at a local business.
If you have any questions, feel free to call us at 407-846-6257.